We present a periodic report summarising the last two months of activities carried out by the grassroots coalition Grupa Granica.
The humanitarian crisis on the Polish-Belarusian border has been ongoing since mid-2021. Winter months bring fewer interventions and not as many people trying to cross to the Polish side, but simultaneously - an increased number of deaths from this humanitarian crisis. Since the beginning of the crisis, we have been calling for a de-escalation of violence, pointing out that the current policy aiming at legalising pushbacks will lead to more deaths. The Polish-Belarusian border must not become a mass grave.
The report includes information on:
- autumn and winter months fatalities;
- factors that contribute to migrants dying or missing on the Polish-Belarusian border;
- statistics indicating the scale of the crisis;
- the countries of origin of persons seeking protection within the European Union;
- pushbacks and violence by the authorities of both countries;
- medical and humanitarian assistance provided, as well as recent court rulings, legal analyses and amendments to Polish laws.
If you wish to support the work of Grupa Granica, you can do so by making a donation via https://sklepbezgranic.pl/.